Sunday, July 10, 2011

Planting Sunflowers

We decided not to plant a garden this year (two small kids, Scott traveling, a yard of weeds) but I did promise Calla we would plant some flowers. So now that we are back from vacation Calla and I got to the work of planting. Calla picked out sunflowers to plant and we planted them next to our three free tomatoes from a co-worker. Calla very proud of her seeds before we got to work.


Calla took lots and lots of care placing each seed.


She then carefully covered each seed with a little dirt.


It was amazing to watch her taking the small seeds from my hand with her little fingers.





Calla also watered her seeds and the tomatoes when we were done. What a great helper!






2 comments:

Nana said...

Beautiful!!! Can't wait to see the first sunflower...Hannah's flower! You are teaching Calla so many great things! Hugs! Nana

Joy said...

What a little cutie! I am so excited for when Airlie can plant with me! Miss you guys!