Wednesday, May 7, 2008

And More Feedings


My first full bottle from my Dad! My parents dressed me in pink because I am eating like a little piggy
Last blog we said we were going to try breastfeeding every other feeding, but Calla did so well yesterday we tried every feeding yesterday and she rocked. She took 2 full feedings from the breast yeasterday and the majority of the other feedings from the breast also. If she did not finish, she would receive the rest through the feeding tube. So today we took it another step and tried to do an entire feeding with the bottle and she took every drop, from her dad! She is doing really well. The nurses and doctors are quite impressed with little Ms. Calla. So for now we are going to try mostly breast feedings with 2 or 3 feeding a day with a bottle to give her a little break. This way I can also do some feedings.
We thought are days were busy earlier, we were mistaken. Our days start now at 5:30 am and we walk over to the hospital for the 6 am feeding and then we go over every 3 hours until 9 pm. Each feeding takes at least 1 hour, and usually longer. We are missing the midnight and 3 am feedings because we have to sleep sometime and we want the nurses to have something to do. We are just glad we have the guest house just a few blocks away where we can recharge for 1.5 hours between feeding. But the more feeding we are at and doing ourselves, the sooner we go home!
That was hard work dad, can I throw up on your shoulder now?

Full tummy and new cloths means one thing, nap time!

3 comments:

rebecca said...

Calla says, "Bring it on!"

You go little girl! :)

-rebecca.

Nana said...

Oh my goodness!! I am so happy and thrilled to see you eating like you are, Calla! Your Dad looks so happy. I know it is a little difficult to share the photos of Mom and you when you are feeding, but I know she has a big smile on her face, too. :) I have a big smile just thinking about you. I miss you, Super Calla!
Love and kisses! Grandma Lynda

Anonymous said...

Hi Scott & Courtney! I have been following the blogs, i just didn't realize i could comment until now. Calla is BEAUTIFUL! And so big and developed for such an early bird. Congratulations! I wish you all a speedy release. And i am happy to hear you are taking care of yourselves- with the play and naps, etc. I truly can't imagine what this must be like for you both- but you sound so damned upbeat in EVERY blog- more power to you! :) Can't wait to meet the little miss. And i LOVE the name Calla- perfect for your perfect little lily.
Love, Karin