Tuesday, May 20, 2008

A Busy Week

Hi Everyone - Well we are getting into a schedule at home and really enjoying being a family. Calla is sleeping 2 1/2 to 3 hrs at a time and is eating well on the breast and bottle. Dad has been doing one night feeding so I can get a little more sleep and then one other feeding during the day. You can see from the picture below that the feeding wears them both out. Calla had her first visit with her pediatrician yesterday and she looks good. She has gained some weight, but not as much as we would have thought so Calla and I are meeting with a lactation consultant on Thursday to make sure she continues to gain weight and get more tips on breastfeeding. On Friday we are headed back to Eugene for her eye exam, this will be a very big adventure.
Calla and I are also getting to see what life is like when daddy has to work and travel. Scott left for Denver today so we are on our own. There will be lots of naps between feedings and thank you to all of our friends who have dropped off food or offered to. The food and company will be much appreciated. So things are going well and I am loving being at home with my beautiful daughter. Take care,
Courtney and Calla


Enough pictures mom, I need my beauty sleep!


3 comments:

Nana said...

Absolutely darling pictures! Thanks, Mom. What joy it is to see my son relaxed and so happy!!! I am available to talk anytime. Enjoy your time alone with Calla!
Love you, Grandma Lynda

Anonymous said...

Gosh, I almost got teary eyed seeing Scott and Calla. It reminded me of the first morning after Ruby came home. I came downstairs and Mark was asleep on the couch with Ruby, looking just like that, almost....He had on Dorlores' pink bathrobe. I didn't get a picture.
Look forward each day for my Calla report. Love, Aunt Sharon

Anonymous said...

That is SO precious. What is it about men and babies. She's getting so big! Congrats! Much Love, Your(Future) Auntie Charlotte