Sunday, May 11, 2008

My First Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day Mom - I love you and I am so glad we can celebrate together!!!

To was an amazing day as I celebrated my first Mother's Day before I even expected to be a mother. The started off perfect with Scott and I arriving for the 6am feeding and there was a card waiting for me. Scott and Calla bought me a gift certificate for a massage and pedicure once we get back home. It will be very nice. Hospital rocking chairs and unfamiliar beds can lead to many sore muscles. Calla took 44cc's at breast during the 6am feeding and it was just wonderful. The rest of the day she was pretty tired and took some from breast and bottle, but did get some food at most of her feeding through her feeding tube. Scott and I need to be reminded sometimes that she is doing so amazing and that she will get home soon, we just need to be patient. Thank you to everyone that send warm wishes to me on this first mother's day. It was really nice to feel so loved. Today was emotional, I got overwhelmed towards the end of the day with feeling of being a mother and wanting bring my little girl home, NOW, but knowing that we need to be patient and we will get home when she is ready. I made it through today with the love and support of Scott and the joy of giving my daughter a bath and being able to breast feed her on Mother's Day. I know we will share many more Mother's Days in the warmth of our own home and for now I need to appreciate the love of my family, the health of my daughter, and the amazing nurses and doctors that care for her everyday. I hope you enjoy these photos that Scott took today of us celebrating our first Mother's Day as a family.

Celebrating Calla with Cherry blossoms.


Good night and Happy Mother's Day to all!!




2 comments:

Nana said...

Mother's Day - May 11, 2008! Calla and Courtney(MOM) you are wonderful! Do not mean to leave Scott(DAD) out of this but it is Mother's Day. I love you all.
From a mother of 3 sons, a daughter of one Mom and now a Grandmother to one granddaughter!
What a perfect day! Lynda xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Dear Courtney,
You and Calla look so precious. She is just beautiful!
She does, however, look like Scott......not you! And not like a little premie anymore! Horray for her! For you all!!! Keep hanging in there. You are so blessed!
Love, Tami