Saturday, April 26, 2008

Saturday, April 26

Hi Everyone. I have not written in a few days because we have been busy, but lots of fun. On Thursday, my mother left after a week and a half of taking care of us. I know she will miss her smallest granddaughter lots and we can’t wait to see her again whenever she decides to come visit, hopefully with Grandpa next time. Friday was full visitors and Saturday Grandma and Grandpa Shaff got to hold their first grandchild for the first time. It was a great experience for all as Calla gave them a few smiles and lots of open eyes.

Calla continues to do amazing. She gained another 50 grams over the last 24 hours and is showing more and more interest in nursing. The last two days she has latched on and sucked a little. I am not sure if she has gotten anything yet because I have been pumping before her feeding time so I am going to change that and start pumping after her feeding time that way if she really is ready to suck and swallow, even if it only a little bit, I will have the milk ready to give her. She never ceases to amaze me. When I went to see her an hour before her feeding time this afternoon she was wide awake just looking at the world. She had her big beautiful eyes wide open and just looked around as I talked to her while I was pumping. I know she will grow up fast so I cherish every moment with her.

Scott and I continue to do well. I have started to only pump twice at night so I get 5 1/2 hours of sleep at a time and try and take at least a 30 minute nap each day. Scott gets full night of sleep, but then he gets to do any errands that need running during the day. We are a great team. We are really enjoying the visitors, so keep coming. We love to show off Calla and it is so nice to feel the connection back to Corvallis. We really miss Corvallis, our home, friends, and of course Aspen. Thanks to everyone for your help and support. Your friendship and help through this adventure makes it so much more endurable.
Lots of Love,
Courtney



I don't think Grandpa Bob has ever smiled so big!





Grandma Lynda holding her granddaughter for the first time, I am not sure if life gets any better than this.







I already have them wrapped around my little finger!!!























1 comment:

Anonymous said...

look at the very proud g-parents!

All so exciting...John and I can't wait to see Calla in person someday.

xoxo, char